Due to Vinted UAB submitting a public takeover bid for all the shares in Rebelle AB (publ) (“Rebelle”), Rebelle publishes certain preliminary financial information for the second quarter of 2022. The information below relating to Q1 2021 and Q1 2022 have previously been published and are included for reference and comparability purposes.
|Key figures (m EUR)||Q1.21||Q1.22||Q2.21||Q2.22|
|Personell expenses (excl. ESOPs)||0.82||1.01||0.83||1.03|
|Net cash (debt)||1.45||14.78||1.74||12.62|
|No. of newly listed items (k)||101.6||119.2||117.6||107.8|
|No. of orders (k)||26.6||21.5||22.4||17.4|
|Average net shopping basket (€)||275||294||277||307|
|No. of active buyers (k)||15.8||13.7||13.6||11.9|
|No. of active sellers (k)||7.9||6.3||6.7||5.7|
- Preliminary Net sales (GMV) in Q2 2022 amounted to € 5.3m. The 14% decrease vs. Q2 2021 is primarily driven by a challenging market environment, whilst the 16% decrease vs. Q1 2022 follows the typical seasonal trend.
- The number of orders was 22% below Q2 2021. This was partly compensated by an 11% increase in the average net shopping basket which amounted to € 307 in Q2 2022. Due to an increasing share of products sold by commercial customers, the commission rate of 26.2% was 3.5 percentage points lower than in Q2 2021.
- In order to drive long term growth, marketing spending and personnel expenses were 84% and 24% above the level in Q2 2021 respectively. Compared to the preceding Q1 2022 marketing spending were reduced by 33% and personnel expenses flat (+2%).
- On the inbound side, Rebelle recorded an inflow of 108 thousand products onto its marketplace. This corresponds to a reduction of 8% vs. Q2 2021.
- Driven by the challenging macroeconomic environment in Rebelle’s core German market, the number of active buyers (at least one order) / sellers (at least one listed product) was 13% / 14% lower than during Q1 2022.
- Net cash (debt) as of end of June 2022 was m EUR 12.6.
All figures are preliminary and have not been reviewed by Rebelle’s auditor. Rebelle’s Q2 report for 2022 will be published on 25 August 2022.
For further information, please contact:
Jonas Rodny, Paues Åberg Communications
Alexander Eulenburg, CFO Rebelle
Telephone: +46 76 190 90 51
Rebelle operates the European online marketplace Rebelle.com for selling and buying luxury second hand fashion items and accessories. Rebelle takes control of the entire sales process, thereby physically verifying the authenticity and quality of products sold to consumers and assuming all payment processes and the shipments to buyers. Based on this capital-light “managed marketplace” model, Rebelle aims to deliver a superior selling and buying experience to its customers. Rebelle is offering products from the world’s most sought-after fashion brands, such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Hermès and Prada while increasing customers awareness of sustainability and circularity within the fashion industry. Rebelle offers more than 200,000 products to, and listed by, customers throughout Europe with focus on the EU.
The company’s shares (ticker BELLE) are traded on Nasdaq First North Growth Market Stockholm. Vator Securities is the Company’s certified adviser and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 8 580 065 99. For more information, please visit: ir.rebelle.com